> Lucid Graphic Design: Pupils like you've never seen!

Welcome to Lucid Graphic Design & Photography's Blog!

Here you'll find the latest sessions, designs, specials and little bit of Lucid's personal side! Have a look around and come back often.

I love comments so make me smile and leave one or two!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pupils like you've never seen!

Last night was my eye appointment. It was relatively painless until I paid the bill. lol. The dr was great, I will stick with him. Good people skills. So, I first get there (after driving past it first and having to turn around...and the sign was even lighted!) and do my exams, I am barely legal to drive. Oops! So then he dialates my pupils so he can make sure to get the correct perscription. I could hardly see a thing in front of me after that, but I was more legal to drive after relaxing my eyes. I have to wear glasses. I have never had to wear glasses! Picking out glasses was one of the hardest things, I don't think I look that great in glasses. But I don't have to wear them much, just when I'm trying to see something far away, driving, in class, etc. All of the computer work of my career has stressed my eyes out causing near sightedness. Never did I think Graphic Design would ruin my eyes! Carple tunnel (sp?) yes, but not my eyes...sniff. Anyway, since I don't have to wear them always, I made sure to get some fun ones! They are a rectangular/square style in a deep pink/raspberry color. I should have them in a couple weeks and I'll make sure to put a pic in here. I walked out of that place $300 lighter! FOR GLASSES!! Jeesh, someone should have told me they were that much and when it says $150 for the frames that doesn't include the lenses. What a rip off! lol. Oh well, I'm tired of squinting and my "blind" husband teasing me that he can see better then I can (with his contacts in).

The drive home was interesting with dialated pupils at night. Whew! I'm lucky I made it!

Oh and yes, I did work out before my appointment and I've stuck to eating healthy! :) I'm on a roll now.

1 comment:

Just_Me said...

Welcome to the world of the Almost Blind! I know you, you'll end up getting contacts. Glasses aren't so bad though, they make you look smarter. I've seriously had guys hit on me because they say I have the "sexy librarian look" going on! HA! If they only knew! Yeah, they are expensive? Did you get the fancy lenses that reduce glare and stuff like that?