> Lucid Graphic Design: How did we survive childhood??

Welcome to Lucid Graphic Design & Photography's Blog!

Here you'll find the latest sessions, designs, specials and little bit of Lucid's personal side! Have a look around and come back often.

I love comments so make me smile and leave one or two!

Monday, March 5, 2007

How did we survive childhood??

I tend to stress over things a little too much. lol. This morning my mom met me in my parking garage at work to pick Natalie up. She said they already had a car seat in her Extera because they were using it for Logan, she borrowed it from a friend. So, I didn't bother to have JR show me how to uninstall and install Natalie's seat. Well, first (which I totally expected) mom was late. At least she was only late by a couple minutes. Then I go to put Natalie in her vehicle and it's an infant car seat and wasn't even installed yet. I had a mini freak out, because I was already late for work and had no idea how to install our seat and I knew there was no way I could get it tight enough to be the safest. I told mom, there was no way I was putting Natalie in the infant seat because they are not safe for her size or Logans for that matter since Logan is bigger then Natalie! Mom told me that the weight was fine for it. Yes the weight isn't the issue, it's the height. You can only go up to 26 inches with infant seats and Natalie is 28 inches, Logans even taller! So I finally after cussing up a storm, get Natalie's seat installed (thank God, mom had the latch system also). I had to wrench on that thing to get it tight enough and I know it still should have been tighter, but I could not get it tighter. At least it didn't move side to side, which is most important.

So, during the time I was stressing about getting the seat in, I snap at mom as to why she didn't check that and I can't believe they have been using that! She told me that all they had back when we were little was the infant seats. Kids didn't have to be in bigger car seats, booster seats etc. I can not believe that, how in the hell did our generation survive! And their generation even! There are so many things generation to generation that change, safety risks that are found out about, I wonder often how we ever survived childhood!

I gave her a hug and thanked her for taking Natalie today, because she is doing us a favor (daycare is closed today). I feel bad for getting mad at her, but it's easy to get irritated with my mom. She's never been early or on time for anything and I was expecting her to be prepared, which is another thing she is not good at. I always get my hopes up that maybe this time she'll be on time...nope....not this time.

No comments: